Technology Do you get a big charge out of manipulating it, transmitting it, retrieving it and storing it efficiently and effectively? Are telecommunications and computers your 2 best friends in the world? Well, you may well be cut out to take advantage of an information technology online college. Online college is right up your alley Mr. or Ms. Computer.
What are the ups and downs of a career in information technology?
There are many aspects of a job in this category but for the right individual it can be a great fit. Consider these 10 aspects of this kind of career:[wp_ad_camp_1]
- Respect. Not many people can do what you do as well as you do it. You will be the savior (until they see your bill, oops). Feel free to give out all the tips you want because most people will ignore them anyways and you’ll get called back again to fix their problem with that old dinosaur of a computer they insist on salvaging. Let’s face it, if what you can do with technology was a piece of cake they’d all be jumping on the IT bandwagon. But it’s not that easy and that’s why you are a god in many laymen’s eyes.
- That’s just not compatible! Every time you turn around something just isn’t compatible with something else. That’s the beauty of your job in IT. You will face challenge after challenge and because you’re who you are, you love a challenge.
- You may not be one of the ‘higher-ups’ but… Without you they wouldn’t be very high up at all now would they? They may try to pressure you on how much time the job will take and how much it will cost and blah, blah, blah. Don’t let them get to you because you are still holding all their cards.[wp_ad_camp_1]
- Things are constantly changing. The very aspect of your job that keeps you on your feet is the very reason that you will always be indispensable As long as you change with the ever changing world of IT you will be the most valuable player wherever you go. Again, this is the challenging part of your career choice. Be the best IT you can be. Being best is always better.
- Technology. Are you going to let a little piece of plastic, some solder or a little silicon get the better of you? Remember, you are a technology god! These little office geeks don’t stand a chance against all that technology Buddy. You are the only thing keeping their system afloat and all that metal, circuits, solder and plastic is simply a smoke screen for the inner workings of something that you are an expert with.